Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014 - Happy New Year!

Buon anno tutti!!! 

I hope everyone's feste went bene and that tutti voi are full of some delicious cibo!!

Okay just kidding, I still speak perfect English believe it or not. Okay, not perfect, but I'd say at least a mark above average. 

Ping Pong with Mohamed
Anyway, I do really hope that everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. I bet you are all SO happy that it is over and you can stop eating Pandoro cakes and Chocolate truffles and multi hour meals! Oh wait, maybe that is just me... 

And today is another holiday, so I guess I am not there yet... Have any of you seen Eat, Pray, Love? It's a pretty good movie, but anyway, there is a part when she is in Italy, and her experience is a near perfect replica of what it is like here, minus falling in love: that is not happening. But the most poignant part, I'd say, is when she buys new jeans because her old ones are significantly tighter than they used to be... Today I am proudly sporting new jeans ;)

Anyway, the holidays are interesting for missionary work. Pretty much everyone went out of town, so there was not a lot of teaching our investigators. However, we got an awesome call from one of our investigators and he said he has been thinking about baptism lately... We haven't even asked him about it! And another one who we met with on Saturday is just trying to quit smoking and then she will be pretty much ready. Also, she needs to find a way to get to church each Sunday. She is a bit older, and taking the mezzi (train, metro, and then a bus) is a bit hard for her. She doesn't have a car and one of her sons does but it is in the shop and he has never been to church. Maybe he will just have to start coming with her now :) Magari! Her name is Fiorella and she is awesome. She is so sweet and has the most awesome testimony of Christ! What is better is that she turns it into action and does whatever she can to be more like Him and to help others. She is always trying to feed us and she gave us an umbrella last time and tons of baby clothes for anyone we thought could use them. These people sometimes have very little to give, but they give so much anyway and they give from their heart! I LOVE ITALY.

On New Years we set the alarm for 11:45 and woke up and watched all the Fireworks. It was INSANE. And we are nowhere near any kind of firework show. It was literally just everyone standing on their balcony shooting off all KINDS of fireworks they had been buying for weeks. It was crazy. We wouldn't have been able to sleep through that, so it was good we woke up to just enjoy it :) I took some videos, so you'll all get to hear it in a year :) 

Crazy that I only have a year left! 

So, transfers... We got the call on Saturday. My dearest companion Sorella Pancheri is going to Sicilia!! Siracusa to be exact. She will love it. She is a little sad to leave her first area where she has been for about 7 months, but she is also excited for a change. I will stay here and Sorella Haynie is coming up from Siracusa. Sorella Pace who currently lives with me, is going to... PESCARA!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I am currently writing tons of letters for her to give to people, as well as take a gift back for Gianni. I sure do miss him and the members and people of Pescara. Probably always will. They are all just so wonderful!! She is a lucky Sister missionary, that is for sure.

Okay, well, I need to go. We are not going to the Vatican today, I will just have to do that another time. Instead, we are going to ride bikes through Villa Borghese. On the first day of Sunshine in quite some time!! What a miracle!! Sorry for all the cold weather in Texas. Sure are the last days when Texas freezes over...

Kay, well I love you all with all my heart! Thank you all for all that you do for me and for the Lord!!! Buon anno, buon salute, e buon appetito!!

Sorella Patterson

Pictures: Me ping-pong-ing it up with Mohamed

The New Years ward party! Which we had to leave extremely early, but it was fun none-the-less and great to see so many people that don't usually make it out to church. Loved it! Love fellowshipping!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment