Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014 - Sardinia by Plane

As if they need any motivation here!! This little Branch of Sassari is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot hardly believe that a little group of saints like these exists out here on this island! They are so motivated and so dedicated to the Gospel and to Jesus Christ. It is a small branch of about 20- 30 active members or so, 8 of whom are missionaries :) There is so much to do here and so many people are so ready for the gospel here! My first day here we talked to this lady Francesca to invite her to English Course and she saw my Book of Mormon in hand and said she used to have one of those books. She said that in one of her moves it had been thrown out, though, and asked us to come by in the morning to bring a new one and talk about it. Awesome!! Haha, and that was just day one. I hope I never get transferred from Sassari!!

Info for Mom, and anyone else who wants to read... So I got here by plane, which meant I left one big suitcase at the mission office where it will probably stay for the rest of my misison. I figure if I can survive without it now, on the island, why take it around with me if I get transferred? I can't actually tell you what all is in it. I was packing pretty last minute, as usual, and was kind of throwing stuff here and there, hoping all the essentials made it into the flying bag. I also brought a carry-on bag with me, so it's not quite as bad as 'The Other Side of Heaven' ;) I also filled another carry-on bag, and left that one too, and I think there may have been some essentials in there, because I can't seem to find them here... haha, oh well. Anything I sacrifice to be here in Sassari is a sacrifice well made!

I remember hearing about the rainstorm here last year on my Bday. A lot of our young single adults from Pescara went to help with the rubble. It was really sad and I was worried about my trainer who had been transferred there a month before. But all the missionaries were okay. Still a sad event though.

Haha, yes, I traveled in the flower dress. Of all the things that stayed on the mainland, that could never be one of them! I planned it so that if I only made it to the island with what was in my hands on the plane, I would have lived comfortably for a couple days.

Wow, that is so awesome about Jared and his friend and his home teaching!! What a good kid!! I am so proud to be his sister!! And I can say that about both of my brothers, so I guess I am a pretty lucky girl!! I must have done something really right in the pre-existence to have been blessed with a family like mine, davvero. All of you are awesome and I thank Heavenly Father for you everyday, even the ones that I don't get to see or hear from much in life. I LOVE MY FAMILY! Thank you for getting me where I am so that I can help other people to develop a family like mine!!!! Everyone should be this happy about their family, and they totally can!! That is one of the best things about the gospel, that it teaches us how to have a better family life. I LOVE teaching that to people! Being a missionary is awesome!!

So pumped to have family in Cali to visit!!!! ;)

Shout out to my awesome and sweet cousin Jeremy!!! Clear the roads, Texas!!

Well, fam, sounds like y'all have a busy couple of weeks ahead of you! Have fun in all these awesome adventures that are coming and look for missionary opportunities wherever you go! I love you all and vi auguro una buona settimana!!

Love,
Sorellina Patterson
PS the language here is a very pure Italian, and then there is the Sard dialect, which I am pumped to learn. I didn't learn much in Pescara, and I started to learn a little in Rome, but left so soon! I feel like I could be here a while so I'll try to pick some up along the way :)

To write to Megan, here is the address to the mission office and they will deliver to her once every 6 weeks:

The Italy Rome Mission Office
Piazza Carnaro 20
00141, Roma, Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment