Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014 - When in Rome

Dear Family and Friends, 

I only have a couple minutes because we are going to Rome today to spend a pday with some other sisters. Tomorrow, about 8 sisters are finishing their missions, and it is so sad!! I will miss them so much!! So we are going up to see a couple and to explore the Coloseum and the Roman Forum. Woohoo!!

So, transfer calls happened on Saturday. Here's how mine went:

President(never a good sign when he makes the call personally): Hi Sister Patterson, how are you?

Me(lying): Great! How are you?

President(probs knows I'm lying, is also probably lying): I'm good. The Lord wants you to stay in Rome 5 and be their Sister Training Leader. Can you do that?

Me(bigger lie): If He wants me to, then yes! 

President then tells me the sisters that will be in my zone that I will serve.

President (snuck in before hanging up): Oh, also, the Lord wants you to train. Can you do that?

Me(not breathing): uh... If He REALLY wants me to... then yes...

President(probably laughing and/or second guessing himself): He does :) 

Well, I'm having a baby” (meaning newbie)!! I have no idea who it will be and won't know till the day I pick her up at the mission home this week. Am I nervous? No. I am freaking out. But the Lord will help me. I hope :) Any parenting advice??

Other than that... yeah that is all I can think of right about now... Haha. I hope everything is well at home. I love you all! 

Random thought, I just listened to a talk by Hugh B. Brown. He is incredible. Feel free to send me anything by him. Ever. That is all.

Love,


Sorella Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment