Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Voices


Buon Giorno y'all!!

So good to hear about all these new families starting!! And that they are starting out right, in the temple, is just awesome. While I wish I could be there, I am happy to be here helping others get to that point in their lives, to the temple. It's true, there is a lot of work to be done to fill that Rome temple with Italian saints. But it's the hardest work I've ever loved to do!

Okay, this week has been great! We are teaching this young girl, Federica, and she is troppo brava!! She just had a birthday on Sunday and turned 19, so we baked her some cookies (y'all know I love baking! Well actually Sorella Mistura made them, and they had a hint of peach... maybe it's an Italian thing?) and brought them to her. She was having a party, so we did want to stay obviously. When we left though, we met someone who introduced us to another guy riding by on his bike at that exact moment who introduced us to another guy who was driving by at that exact moment who was super interested in the gospel and in our message!! What a miracle. The Lord is definitely watching out for all His children.

Okay,story time: So, a couple nights ago, I had just put my mattress on the floor and was kneeling down to pray when I hear a voice say, Can you hear me? I freaked out!!!! Sorella Mistura was already asleep and the house was dark, and I was terrified!!! I began praying but I heard it again, Can you hear me? By this time, I was definitely freaked out. I put my matress up on the bed again becuase I was too scared to sleep on the floor. I checked under the desks with the light of my alarm clock and saw nothing. I heard it again so I climbed into bed and plugged my ears and tried to fall asleep. In the morning, I heard it again: Can you hear me? Nobody else seemed to be able to hear it, so I didn't want to say anything and have them think I was going crazy already! Then, during companionship study, I heard it again!!! THis time, I decided to risk sounding crazy and asked S. Mistura if she'd heard it. She had this time! We waited a bit and then heard it again and we freaked out and ran out of our room and the other Sorelle came in and looked around with us. It was terrifying! Then, Sorella Knuddsen walked over to the desk, opened a drawer, and pulled out a little recoreded device.... It was all a prank!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA! I cannot believe how good she got me!! And that I was the only one that was sincerely freaked out, even though nobody else knew about it!! She said she had put it in there a day ago and forgotten about it and didn't mean to keep us up at night or anything, haha she felt pretty bad. But seriously, I cannot believe how scared I was. Ah, one for the books, one for the books.

Anyway, my birthday is coming up... Okay it's not till November, but that's pretty close in missionary time. So, you're probably all wondering what to get me...right? Right. Well I'll make it easy, and cheap :) All I want is your help. Will you:

-Find a scripture that you love, that has helped you in your life at some point

-Write it down, along with why it is important to you (if it's not too personal or sacred)

-Somehow get it to my mom so she can send them all to me (thanks mom... I know you'll figure out the best way to do this! :) Note from mom, email it to me at samuelsontl@ldschurch.org and I'll put it in a booklet.

-Tell everyone you know that knows me or that doesn't, whatever, and have them do it too!

Mom:
-surprise! Haha, sorry to throw this at you, but I know you love a good project :) And I'm worth it, right? ;)   Note from mom, yes, she's worth it!

So, this Saturday the Pescara ward is having an activity: Volleyball!!! And I get to play!!! WOOOOOOO!!! Also, on the 15th is this thing called Ferragosto. It's just a day when all of Italy parties I think. We will be cleaning the house... all day... haha :)

Okay, scripture time. If you don't have a Book of Mormon, go to lds.org and under tools there is a scripture button, so you can read it on there. Here ya go: Second Nephi 9:51

Love it! I am definitely taking that last line to heart here in Italia :)

Well, that's all the time for today folks! I love you all! I wish I could tell you everything I am learning everyday, but just know that we have a SAvior in Heaven who loves us and is mindful of each and every one of us. He has suffered all things so that he could know how to help us in each of our problems, big and small. If we turn to him with our broked hearts, he can and will heal us as no one else or no other thing can do. I hope you all can study and learn about Him as I am!! Every part of life is better when we remember Him :)

Buona giornata!!

Sorella Patterson

1 comment:

  1. Scary and funny prank! Glad your mom posted on FB.. gonna try to figure out how to subscribe to your blog. xoxo I will send you the bithday present!

    ReplyDelete