Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7, 2013 - We Bought a Fan!!!


BUON GIORNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, I wish to apologize for how negative I was last week!!! I am sorry!! Perdonateme, per favore :) THis week was awesome!!!!!!! Italia is awesome, and life is just pretty great :) Yesterday, we bought a fan for our room, best night ever!! 

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, they are all working :)

Okay, to answer my mom's questions: 1)We usually eat at our apartment, a salad or something. We don't spend too much time eating, so it's usually pretty small. Mostly we just drink water!! I have only eaten at a member's home once and when we do it takes HOURS. I asked my companion about that because in the rule book it says only take an hour at members homes, and she said the mission president said not to worry because it is more important to be respectful and to abide by the local customs and traditions. Pretty great :) But TONS  of food. Usually delicious though. 

2) None of the elders from my mtc district are in my zone now, but there is one elder from my zone in the mtc who is now in my district. That's nice to see a familiar face every now and then. His name is Anziano Romano, He has Italian heritage obviously. 
The English class I teach with Anziano Romano amd Sorella Knuddsen
3) I have not actually used my water filter, but I haven't gotten sick yet... :) Mostly we buy bottles but occasionaly I drink out of street fountains. They are awesome.
Aqua Naturale
4) WALKING. My shoes are okay, except the blisters they give. I took some pictures, but you’ll have to wait a year and a half to see them :)  Also, we use the busses every day.

5)The ward is small, well the active members are small. But they are strong. I have never seen a ward so strong and spiritual. This past Sunday was testimony meeting, and here's what i wrote in my journal: the women here are incredible. they share their testimonies because it is burning within them and they want to share that. they love each other. they will do all they can to strengthen each other because they know we are all converts in one way or another. they truly live the gospel each day. i am not worthy to be in their presence because in their presence is the presence of Christ and the love of Christ. i have much to learn if i ever want to be like them.
i am still Loving it here and wish i could tell you everything  but there is just so little time|!! Thank you for all your prayers, they make such a difference!! i love and miss you all and thank you for the emails!!!!!!!!!!! Ciao, and remember, the work of salvation excludes no one!!!

Sorella Patterson

PS next week pday will be tuesday since we have zone conference on wednesday. so write me before tuesday!!! ;) :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment