Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014 - Time flies

Dear Fam,
It literally seems like I was just writing you guys yesterday!! Time is starting to go by really fast. Well, sort of. The weeks go by fast but the days sometimes take a while, haha. Maybe that is because we are just doing a lot of tracting lately. Our investigators are dropping off one by one... all for different reasons, but it is still kinda hard. Angela, who has been making a TON of progress latley, is moving to Olbia today for the summer for work. I don't know if I'll ever get to see her again... I guess it just depends on how long I stay here. The blessing in all of this is that Olbia is one of the 4 cities on this island that has missionaries! She'll be in the good hands of Anziani Bethke and Alvey. They are in our district, so we'll get updates every week which is nice. It is just sad though, you know? We did everything we possibly could to help her and now we don't get to see her progress anymore. But God knows what she needs and He will make sure she gets it.

Sandra, another investigator, bore her testimony yesterday in Sacrament meeting! CRAZY!! She comes to church almost every week but this was the first time she'd done that. Everyone always asks us why she is not baptized yet... well unfortunately it is not our choice. She is pretty much ready, but she still smokes... However, she got down to one a day once! Little miracles :)

Alessia's birthday
Alessia's bday was this week. We had a little surprise party :) I love that girl. She is awesome. I wish she'd read the Book of Mormon more though, it would make her so happy!!! She is just so adorable!

So yesterday the other Sorelle came home from a lunch appt with American Reeses Peanut Butter Cups! We haven't seen those in quite a while. They divided them up and enjoyed the little taste of home, all except me because luckily I don't like Reeses (crazy, I know). Well, last night, my comp started shaking a little and complaining that it was cold (it was NOT cold) so we got a ride home from the fireside and she put on tons of clothes and went right to bed a little before 9. When the other Sorelle came home about 9.30, they both were very cold and complaining of the same things: back pain, shivers, stomach ache, ect... the same my comp had had. CRAZY. They all went to bed right away. I don't know what was in those Reeses... but I'm sure glad I don't like them! This morning they still weren't doing super well, and still not this evening, so keep them in your prayers please. They all got Priesthood blessings so I am sure everything will be okay.

One of my favorite stories as of late to share with people is the account of the liberation of the people of Alma found in Mosiah 24. It's a most incredible story and I learn something new from it everytime! It so applies to us all though, because how often do we find ourselves in "bondage" to something: spiritually (doubt, fear), physically (work, life, friends), emotionally (depression, anger, stress), and we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel? Like the righteous covenant keeping people of Alma, I know that if we call on the Lord with faith and patience, He'll help us out. He loves all of us so much, no matter who or where we are! He just loves everyone so much!

And I love you all so much! :) Have a great week and be careful the next time someone offers you Reeses!


Sorella Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment