Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 26, 2014 - Rewarding Week in Sassari

Aloha famiglia!!

This week was... rewarding :) 

My "first companion" in the mission field:
Sorella Waddoups!!
Me and my new/old comp are doing WORK. It is going well. We are starting to work a lot with some less active members to help them regain their faith and come back and make this branch into the awesome ward that it needs to be. So far so good. I think we just need about 5 more Priesthood holders to be a ward! We got this!!!
Zone Conference - May 20, 2014














This week's letter will be a little short (do I say that every week? I think so...). But there are miracles happening out here. We had a movie night on Saturday night for everyone we know and are working with. It was quite the success! There were about 11 investigators there...!!!!! So awesome. Pietro came!!! He is this awesome guy we are working with, well he and his wife. We were supposed to have a lesson with them Saturday but then Paola, the wife, got sick, but then Pietro said he was coming to the movie night anyway!!! We showed the Testaments, the one about the Book of Mormon, and he just loved it, along with everyone else that came. They all want to see it again!! And it was really cool because most of them are just starting to read the Book of Mormon and get into it, so it was cool for them to get to see some of it (and the most important parts) in action. What a great night that was.
Sorella Mistura - my first companion when
I got to Pescara  :)
This is the last transfer of  Sorella
Mistura :(. She is going home soon!

So at Zone Conference we talked a lot about family history and how to use it as a finding tool. I decided to print off some family pics that I have, including one of my Great Gramma Maree, to tape onto the outside of my planner so that on the bus and stuff I can use it to start conversations. Italians LOVE Texas and anything to do with it, especially cowboys, and the picture of her is when she is in her cowgirl get-up. They just love it. She is so cool! And she is still doing missionary work, so many years after she's been gone. She is so cool. I bet she'd be happy to help me out! :)


Wellzzzzz, that's about all I got for today, plus I want to go play Foosball (how do you spell that??). I love all of you so much!! Look for awesome opportunities to use family history to share the gospel this week!! You are all so great!!

Love, 

Sorella Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment