Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 10, 2013 - Patriotic Awesomeness



The Best District Ever
Anzianos Kenney, Stout, Garner, Duffin, Robison, Bee,
Rutledge and Phillips
Sorellas Patterson and Viazzo


Italia!

Buon Giorno, tutti!! Come state?? Io sto bene, grazie per chiedere :)

Has it really been a whole week?!?! Time is FLYING!!! I can't believe I leave in like two weeks!!

Yes, all my district is going to Rome. There is one other district going to Rome as well and 3 districts going to Milan. My companion and I are the only sisters going to Rome!

THE FOURTH OF JULY WAS AWESOME!!!!! Sorella Viazzo's mom sent her a package with some candy just for me. One of our Anziani got a package with a bunch of little American flags, so our district was very patriotic. We had normal class and stuff that day but then we had a devotional that was super patriotic and awesome and then we watched 17 Miracles and THEN... we got to go out and watch the firework show!!!!!!! It was incredible!!!!! (Also, we got to stay up late for it :) ) Anyway, it was an awesome experience for so many reasons. We got magnum ice cream bars, we were there with just a ton of missionaries, we had glowsticks (!!), and at the end of the show someone started singing the National Anthem and it picked up until at least 1000 missionaries were singing, hands over our hearts, watching this spectacular show. Just awesome.

I got a package from my mom this week too!! THANK YOU!! My district loves all the food and goodies we get!! Everyone shares; we are a pretty tight group. Our roommates are kinda jealous of how close our district is. :)  ALSO.  I have the best mom ever. So remember back when my straightener broke? Two days after I sent that email, I had a package with a new CHI!!!!!  BEST MOM EVER. Me and my hair thank you a TON. Thank you for the pictures of everything, it's SO good to see all of y'all. I get to print them out, so I'll have them forever. The parade looked fun! And tell Jared to stay away from girls.

So, cool experience this week. We went to the TRC (Training Resource Center) where real people come in and we get to teach them in Italian. This week, we taught an older woman from a couple cities away who served in Milan (that's how she learned Italian). So in the TRC, these people don't pretend to be someone we are teaching, they just volunteer to come in, being just themselves, and we teach them whatever we want or feel inspired to teach. This time, we had been planning lessons just 10 minutes before for some of our "pretend" investigators, and Sorella Viazzo came across a scripture that we really  liked. We didn't think too much of it, because we had planned to use it the next day. When we got in there and were talking with her, we asked if there was anything we could help her with. She said she had a big decision to make. We talked about it for a while and how she'd been praying about it but didn't feel like she'd gotten an answer yet, and then Sorella Viazzo felt impressed to share that scripture with her that we had just barely come across by "accident". Definitely not an accident. It was Doctrine and Covenants section 98 verses 1-3:

Verily I say unto you my friends, afear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give bthanks;

2 aWaiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.

3 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been aafflicted shall work together for your bgood, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.

We had the lady read it out loud and when she was reading it, she began crying and said that was exactly what she had needed to hear.

God knows HIs children. He knows exactly what we need and He will answer us in His time. I am so grateful Sorella Viazzo and I got to be instruments in His hands that day! It was incredible!

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so real. It is so perfect. It is the only way to find eternal happiness and joy and I testify to you all that it is and can be a blessing to you in your life!

I love you all, I hope you are all well, can't wait to hear more about your lives!!

Love,
Sorella Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment