Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 17, 2013 - Travel Plans!


Buon Giorno!!!

Come state?? Tutto al posto qui!!

I cannot believe I will be in Italia in a week from today. It absolutely blows my mind! We leave Tuesday 8am ish... okay I'll just tell you how it all works:

So we leave the MTC @ about 8AM and drive to the airport in SLC for our flight to Dallas (I'm comin' home!! ;) ha!)  where we will connect with our next flight to London (!!!)  where we will connect with our last flight to Rome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). We haven" theard anything about our visas yet, but in the MTC no news is good news. I am pretty sure mine has come through because I have been assigned to be the travel leader for 11 missionaries, including myself. They are not all from my district, but I know them all because they are in my same zone in the MTC. I wish my whole district was traveling together, but we don't until the flight to Rome, so that will be a fun flight! At least my companion is on my flight plan so we'll be together the whole time. Oh, also, all the missionaries in the MTC going to either misison in Italia leave for Italia on the same day. There will be no Italian speakers at the MTC when we leave!! At least not until the next day when I suspect the new ones will arrive. I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably going to cry (a ton) when I leave my district. We are so close! I seriously love them so much. Hopefully I will see them again in Rome. :)

My Italian is coming along! I can keep up a good conversation with other American speakers of Italian. I'm sure when I get to Rome, it will be totally different!

So, today is my last P-Day in the MTC! My companion and I have spent a good chunk of the day trying to teach ourselves how to play "Nearer my God to Thee" on the piano. Our teachers say that in Italia, not many people play the piano so we want to have a couple of hymns down in case they need someone to play in church. Any advice on a crash-course in piano playing??? :)

Well, I have to go, but I love you all!! Thank you for the letters and packages!!! They help a TON!!! My next email will be from Italia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ciao for now!!

Sorella Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment