Friday, July 5, 2013

Week 3 - July 3, 2013 - I love being a missionary!

Week 3 - Mom will need a translator now!
CIAO Y'ALL!!!
 
I'm going there!

Some of us in our District


 


Crafting! Mom would be so proud!

Me!


My companion and I


I love being a missionary
 


Stolen map from these guys
Come state?? Bene, spero!!

I don't know if I've received my visa yet... I haven't heard anything...

WOOHOO for Faith and Jonathan!! So happy to hear they have set a date! Also, if you make cakeballs anytime soon, my district would like to put in an order... Also, there's 10 of us, just so you know...

Speaking of Hawaiian Falls, I sent y'all a letter. I hope you guys got it!!

Tell me all about the new missionaries in the ward!

Haha, to all my friends: this is the only time I will give you permission to add my mom on facebook. Do not abuse this opportunity by sending/receiving any embarrassing stories or pictures of me!! ;)

This week in the MTC:

1) Honestly, not much crazy happened. I'm starting to get used to it. The cycle is getting easier. I'm still tired 24/7 but it's becoming bareable.... okay I can't spell anymore in English. Italian spelling just makes more sense!

2) Actually, the past few days have been a little hard for me. I just need to learn to rely on the Lord more. Sometimes I just get so caught up in needing to do things perfectly that I forget that it's okay to make mistakes and learn from them. But I am improving. I'm just not where I want to be yet and it bugs me sometimes, but I know I just need to have a little more patience with myself. I think I am most hard on and impatient with myself, which is silly because honestly I know the language better than anyone in my district or anyone in the 6 districts going to Italy. Now that's not to say I am any smarter or any better or that I study any harder. It is honestly by the Grace of God that I took Italian in college for a year and a half before I came here. I thank Him for that on an almost daily basis.  But I just mean that I have no reason to be worried. I just need to lose myself in the work and become converted to Christ myself, then I can help others to do that.

3)Mom/Matt, guess what????? One of my teachers is David Jeter. Recognize the name?? He is from the Beaumont area. I think we went to the beach with his family and the Simiskeys one time. Small world! Tomorrow, I'll try and take a picture with him for y'all. Also, I'm going to bring a picture of Matt to class for him. He wants to see what you look like.

4)DebbSTAR!!!!!! Congrats on your call to Brazil!!!! You're a rockstar!!! Also, I just found out who Fabrizio is. Evreyone here goes by last names, so it took a while. Ma penso che sia Fratello Cena, no? Lui e' il insegnante di un altro distretto, ma l'ho visto pochi tempi. Forse sara' un po' scomodo ma non me importa! Gli diro' della tua chiamata. Anche, ho visto il mio amico brasiliano... Ma certo lui lavora qui!! Ma ho visto tanti amici, lavorando o servendo. Sempre e' bello a vederli. Mi manchi! Ti voglio bene!

5)Last Friday, there was a soccer game here between the Rome missionaries and the Milan missionaries... Obviously it was all in good fun so it doesn't really matter who wins.... The result: the Romans stole the Milano's map of Italy out of one of their classrooms and put it our own classroom. Our teacher said that was good ;)

6)Sorella Viazzo and I are trying really hard to not gain weight at the MTC (and in Italy). Our new motto: Forte Testimonianza, Forte Corpo. I'm not as good at this as she is. I don't like running all that much. We made a deal though: either two laps around the MTC, or one lap and I do 40 push-ups. Guess whose arms are sore now?

7)
 
Our district is trying hard to get better at speaking Italian outside the classroom. Our new motto: Italiano o morte.

Gotta jet, my scripture to you all: Colossians 2:5. Vi voglio bene!!!!

Sorella Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment