Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August 28, 2013 & September 4, 2013


8/28/13 Ciao yall!!
Activity with the Giovane Family and Lorenzo
So, it has been raining here quite a bit which is awesome because the weather is great!

Also, Pamela is getting baptized in two weeks! I realize that none of y'all know who she is, but she is the sweetest woman ever and has a great desire to follow Jesus Christ. She is awesome.

Also, I am definitely getting tanner.

Well, we have been seeing miracles here, and I know we will see more as we put more faith and hope into this work. 

So, I feel bad that I never send pictures, so this week's email is gonna be just that! Enjoy!!

Sorella Patterson!

From the bus on the way back from L'Aquila


L'Aquila district meeting. Pizza was the bomb, even though
we had to eat it on the bus. Elder Carr
 (originally from The Colony, TX as well) is on the front left!

On splits in Rome with Sorella Wightman.
She is awesome!


9/4/13 The heat! It has cooled down a bit here so I can't complain anymore. It was even cold one night last week! The Church is not AC'ed but there are several units in some rooms. There are two in the Chapel and one in the Relief Society room.
 
So, Pamela has a baptismal date of the 14th of Settembre, but is not sure if she can make it because her family is kind of against it. She has a grand desire to be baptized and be a member of the church, but her family is also super important to her. Please pray for her!! She has been wanting this for 14 years and been taking the missionary lessons on and off for about 10 years. I have hope for her though! 
 
Transfers are this week but I get to stay here for at least another transfer, which I am really happy about. There is still a ton to do here. My companion is also staying which is good. I still have a ton to learn from her! Sorella Spicq and Anziano Alessandro are leaving, so we'll get two new missionaries, as well as two additional elders, making a total of 8 missionaries in Pescara, in one ward!!! Crazy!!! Also, Elder Carr is in my district, so we see him once a week at District meeting.
So, we have been working with this family for a little while. The son is the only member, he is like 30 I think. The mom, dad, and sister are not members, but are super friendly to us. We have been only doing Family Home Evening with them, but today we are going over there so that the mom can teach me how to make real Ravioli! Also, The son, Antonio, told us that his mom has started to read the Book of Mormon, so I think the Spirit is really starting to work in her. Every time we go over, she asks great questions. She wants to know what is right for her, and we want so bad to help her, and she is starting to let us I think. I have so much love for that family. They are some of the best people ever.  
Speaking of food, I am starting a recipe book with some of the recipes that Sorella Colella gave me. However, she asked for some typical American recipes in return, haha. So, mom will you send me some recipes that I can give her?? Simple stuff, nothing huge, but maybe some big ones too. Just whatever you think. Also, a recipe for how to make marshmallows. And Brownies. Italians LOVE brownies. and Marshmallows. (Editor's note here: Any great American recipe you want to send to me I will be happy to pass along--especially a recipe for marshmallows. I thought only Kraft made those!!)
Also, I need matt and Dad's home addresses.
 
By the way, the best address to write me is: 

Sorella Patterson
Via delle Querce 4
65015 Montesilvano, PE
Italia 
Okay, I am out of time, love you all, have a fab week, thanks for the emails and updates, keep them comin'! Feel free to write me too!! 
Sorella Patterson 
Picture:Sorella Colella and me with some American syrup her friends brought her!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment