Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11, 2013


Me and Lucia Di Marzio, the mom of Antonio Di Marzio.
She taught us the ways of the Italian Kitchen :)
Ciao e buongiorno tutti!!!!!!

It has been a while since I wrote a formal email to all of you, so sorry about that, and also this one is going to be short, so sorry about that too :)

So last pday I learned how to make ravioli, the real kind, and I even learned how to make pasta!!! That was crazy.
 
So, I don't know if I have told all of you, but I have fallen in love and I am never coming home. I love Italy so much. I love the people, I love the culture, I love the families that we are teaching. I love the members in this ward. If I could serve in Pescara for the rest of my mission, I would be a happy Sorella.

Sorella Ricci came up to me on Sunday and asked when our 'party of thanks' is (thanksgiving) and that she was going to have all the missionaries over for a big meal because she had learned from the past missionaries that this day is important to us Americans. Keep in mind there are 8 missionaries here now, all American but my companion.

Sorella Di Iulio hates English but comes to the English course we teach so that she can meet the non-members that come and make them feel comfortable and answer their questions about the Church.

The Bishop, as busy as bishops always are, has come to three different missionary lessons in the last two weeks.

This ward is Amazing. They get the gospel. They get missionary work. It makes me miss my own ward a little because I know we have members just like those here who sacrifice everyday to make a difference in the lives of their children and in the lives of their families and friends with whom they share the gospel. No sacrifice is too much. What we receive in return is Always better.

This Sunday is Stake Conference in Rome, and we are all going :) It's another huge financial sacrifice for many members, and some investigators, but Elder Ballard, an apostle of the Lord, will be there and we know we need to hear what he has to say.

Thank you all for your prayers and letters and emails. I love you all so very much and I pray for you as well, so I hope you feel my prayers too!!

Have another fabulous week, Vi Voglio bene!!!

Sorella Patterson

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment