Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014 - Didn't make it to the Sistine Chapel!

Hey everyone!!
Celebrating Sorella Decker's birthday

Tomorrow, so many of my best mission friends are going back home to America!! I can hardly believe it. This thing goes by so fast and I just can't handle it! I am so not ready for this to be over. But, it is not, so no worries. Also, Sorella Viazzo just got transfered to Ostia which is in the Rome Zones so we will totally do a pday insieme and maybe go see the sistine chapel finally, since I still haven't seen it..... Yeah, we didn't get to see it yet, haha. Maybe I never will. That's okay, because Amède came to Church!!! I could hardly believe it!!! All of your prayers paid off and he came and seemed to have a good experience. He and Laban were both there which was pretty stressful, but awesome. Definitely worth the stress if it helps them prepare for their baptismal dates and helps them feel the spirit to get their answer. Our work is giong pretty well right now. We have a lot to be grateful for, and we can see the Lord blessing this area. I am grateful to all of you who are praying for Amède and Laban. It has helped them more than you can know. Opposition is hitting ALL of our investigators REALLY HARD right now. It is horrible, proprio horrible. I won't describe it, and it is different for each one, but it is really hard. I wish I could protect them from the world, you know? And from doubts and fear, and just from Satan in general. I have been having cool experiences though and I KNOW that no matter what, God is more powerful. The thing about darkness and light is that no matter how much darkness you have, one tiny little flame is enough to chase the darkness away. Darkness can NEVER overpower light, it just is not possible. In the end of it all, I already know who will win. I just want as many people to be on the winning team, cioè Christ's team, as possible.

I love each of you. Thank you for reading my emails, it makes me feel good, and that I am serving more people (assuming these emails ever help people ;) ). But really, thank you. Thank you for the emails I get back too, that is really nice. I love y'all,


Sorella Patterson

No, we didn't make it to the Sistine Chapel. It was the Vatican, but just the big church in front, the Basilica. I know, I know, I need to go and I REALLY want to. Next time I go to the Vatican will be for real!
Me, Alessandra, Sorella Decker














No comments:

Post a Comment