Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October 13, 2014 - 8 weeks to go!

Hello All!!!

So sorry, but I think that my memory card has a virus or something, so no pics from the Sistine Chapel. Well, you can't take pictures of the ceiling anyway, but still, no pics of me and Viazzo. Mi dispiace! But, it was SUPER fun. I can't believe we finally went. We got in for a sweet discount, I think because of our tags... I don't know if they knew who we are, but whatever, I'll take it. ;)

This week was a really good one, not because we did anything special, but I am just feeling really good these days, like at peace with being at the end, you know? It is weird. Not to get morbid or anything, but I think it will be a sweet passing... okay just kidding, leaving Italy is going to be the worst things ever, and I am not ready, but at the same time, I know it has to come and it is okay. I still have two months and one more transfer, so who knows, maybe I'll see Sicily finally or finally go find Debbie's family. Either one is okay with me. I am learning so much right now about missionary service and I can't believe they ever let me come out as unprepared as I was. This really is the MTC for life. So weird. But I am grateful for it all, even the really rough patches, because at the end of those tunnels I learned the most. Now, looking back, I am starting to see why certain things were oh so necessary and why life is so dadgum hard sometimes, and it just makes sense. I know that these things were probably just sneakily preparing me for worse things in the future, so I should probably hold all this for my wise older years, but I am just feeling really grateful for this chance and for how good God has been to me. I know He has my back, so whatever else is next, bring it on. But with mercy... please.

In other news, our new roomates are some really nasty roaches that are popping up. But, the hot water finally works in our kitchen sink, for the first time since I got here in June. Washing dishes just got that much more exciting!! What else.... uh... Yeah, I think that is it. 

Laban is working on deciding on a baptismal date. Keep him in your prayers! 

Haircut time
This week is Zone Conference... look for pics. I painted my nails for the first time here, so watch out America!

Alright, basta. Love you all. Remember, it is all about HOW you serve, not WHERE you serve. Keep smiling, have a great week!


Sorella Patterson
 





No comments:

Post a Comment