Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014 - Guess What?

Hello All!!
 
Not much to say other than I can't belive that next week I start my last transfer of my mission... weird. I am just trying not to think about it any differently than another transfer, and to just keep applying the wealth of knowledge that you get after 16 months. It is going :)

Guess what? Laban told us he REALLY wants to get baptized. And he decided on November 1. I am SO proud of him. It has not been easy, and is about to get harder, but then comes his baptism day and I know it will all be worth it. And now he feels it too. I can't even believe how far he has come, and how much I have grown by knowing him. Man, the fruits of my labors may not seem like much to anyone, but to him and to his future family and children, it makes an eternity of difference. And you know what? I might get transfered in a week and miss his baptism, as is typical for my mission, but that is okay, because I did my very best for him and I have no regrets, and he and I are forever changed because of what happened here :) Sorry for getting so cheesy lately, I don't know what is going on, but I don't know how else to express myself anymore. I guess I have always been a pretty cheesy person, and now I don't care who knows? It's probs that. 

Okay, another guess what? RUSS came to church in Rome 5 yesterday!!! WHAT!!! He is a friend of mine from England, we met in Texas years ago and have been in contact ever since, and he has been following my blog thing and then came to Rome for vacay and found me in church!!! Haha, it was the best surprise ever, and I got to translate Sacrament meeting for an investigator of the Anziani and a good friend of mine. just the coolest thing ever. 

Zone Conference was awesome.

My memory card is officially broken. The pictures are still all there, but I can't access them on the computer. Sorry, folks. No more picutres. I'll try something... Well probably not. Oh well. I still love you all though!

Have a great week and live the gospel out loud!


Sorella Patterson


Zone Conference October 2014

Rome East Zone - October 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment