Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 21, 2013 - Zone Conference


Mom, (slash everyone...)


Castle in Pescara
It's looking to be another buon giorno here in Pescara :) It rained yesterday so it has really cooled off today for us, which is great because it is pday and we are going to go play some volleyball right after this. I found out I am not allowed to play soccer as a missionary because it is too dangerous, which makes sense. I usually get hurt when I play anyway :)
 
At the castle



For my Hawaiian Falls family

Lunch at the castle






Zone conference
So, Zone Conference was awesome!!! I learned so much and got to hear from President and sister Waddoups too! Zone conference was mostly in Italian, except when Sister Waddoups spoke because she doesn't speak Italian :)  When we are all together, we try to speak Italian as much as possible, also becuase there are some missionaries that are from Italy and don't speak English very well, like my companion. But she is learning! I teach her some English everyday and she teaches me Italian everyday and we are both praying and using that gift of tongues everyday! 

Zone conference
Yes, the mission president and wife are brand new, one transfer more than me. They are from somewhere in Utah, but I don't know where...


Wow, can't believe school is starting soon. That blows my mind. I also can't believe that I have been out on a mission over two months. That means less than 16 months left. Time is going WAY too fast. It makes me motivated to use my time more wisely though and to not waste a minute or a single bus ride, but to talk to people everywhere. I am definitely not super good at talking to people yet, but I just need to put more faith in the Lord that He will help my overcome my fears and doubts with my language ability and boldness. Piano piano sto migliorando. :) Veramente. Voglio scrivere tutto in italiano perché è un po' strano di usare così tanto inglese, ma anche voglio che voi potete capirmi! Mom’s note: loosely translated from WorldLingo: Slowly slowly I am improving. :) Truly. I want to write all in Italian because it is a little strange one to use therefore much English, but also I want that you can understand to me!

So, life. No, the fan stays in the apartment for the next issionaries. Also, transfers are indeed coming up. We have no idea what will happen. I will probably stay though since I am brand new, but my trainer could leave or stay. I guess I could too. We'll see! And as for the other two Sorelle, who knows! One of them, Sorella Spicq, only has one transfer left so who knows what will happen. All six of the missionaries here in Pescara go to the same ward becuase there is only one. We take the bus to church because it is pretty far a centro della città. Okay, before I forget, I am going on an exchange today! We are going to Rome and I will be with one of the Sisters there for the next 24 ish hours. I'm pretty excited!!! I'll tell you about it next week. Okay I am about out of time since pday is cut short today due to traveling to Rome. I love you all and pray for you all sincerely! I will try and attach some pictures this time. Ciao!! And don't forget to be finding a favorite scripture and send it to my mom!!!

Sorella Patterson :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment