Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014 - Last full day of summer

Ciao tutti!!!! 

This morning we had an awesome lesson with Gesi, an incredible woman from Nigeria who is the most incredible example of strength and bravery and I just wish you all could meet her. She really is special. An older member came with us and at the end we were all crying and she invited Gesi over for pranzo next week, for anytime she wants to talk, for Christmas, basically she told her she was adopting her! Then, Gesi told us she had actually been praying for a mother figure, because she is just so alone here in Italy. I can't imagine coming here by yourself with no support system and then facing SO MANY tirals, molto brutte, and having to do it all alone. She is just incredible. PLEASE pray for her, visto che your prayers are working for everyone else. Thank you for your help with these people, you have no idea the lives you are all changing, including mine! I can't believe how blessed I am. I can't believe the mercy of God in letting me be a part of this and help His precious children. But I can't find them all by myself, we just can't as missionaries. Member finding is imperative. You HAVE to help the missionaries. You HAVE to. I know everyone wants to, everyone wants to tell someone about the gospel, so pray for opportunities to do it. Don't EVER be scared of any opportunity that comes your way, because it is coming from God with a promise that He will tell you what to say and do. You can do it now! 

Also, get ready for conference!!! I can't tell you how psyched I am!! In fact, I can honestly say that I have NEVER been this excited for General Conference. I literally cannot wait. It causes my physical and emotional pain knowing it is not here yet. If you get to watch it live, don't you dare miss a single session!! If you have to watch it after, make sure you have the same spirit of humility and worship and you are ready for anything they tell you. Listen to the twelve. They will always lead us to safety. I love you all and am praying for you. I hope you all have an awesome week and that you are all happy and well. 

Con amore,

Sorella Patterson


No comments:

Post a Comment