Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013


Editor’s note here (aka Mom): Normally Megan sends me a separate email just to me, but I thought it important to share a part, so on behalf of a worried mom, here is her request for a prayer on her behalf:

Mom,

Tossing a coin into the Trevi Fountain
(ensures a return trip to Rome per Roman legend)
This week was rough with my companion being sick. I did everything. Definitely pushed me to my limits and maybe a bit Beyond. But I survived and learned a ton, so that means I probably did okay. But now I'm sick, and everything hurts, so pray that it goes away fast so I don't ever have to go to an Italian hospital, they scare me to Death. I have been to one a couple times now, for investigators, and it's not ever a place I want to go. I am nowhere near sick enough for that right now, like it's just my throat and body, but just to be safe, include that in your prayers. :)  No reason for alarm or anything at all! But I do need to be in perfect shape before Sunday, because we are doing a musical number! :)
 
 

Boungiorno tutti!!

So last pday, we went to Rome since Zone Conference was the next day and also in Rome. It was awesome to see the touristy stuff for the first time! Also, while we were there, I met this lady named Aimee from New Zealand and we got to talk with her for a bit and invite her to Church (in Rome). Hopefully she went! Also, this American couple came up to us (only in Rome!) and they were also Mormon and so I comitted them to give away a pass-along card and they accepted! They said they already had someone in mind. It was awesome! I love this work!

So, we had stake conference Yesterday, so that meant going back to Rome! Lots of long bus rides this week! But it was fun, and great to see lots of members from this new stake coming together. Also, since the stake is so new, lots of new callings happened, which meant lots of sustaining of our dear Pescara members. So many of them are making such huge sacrfices for the Church and for the Gospel. I am so astounded b the strength of their testimonies. What a blessing to serve amongst such angels!

So, this week is going to be crazy with tons of appointments and lots of people to see and invite to Christ. At district meeting, we have had a couple trainings on setting goals, and it is something  that my companion and I are trying to work on now. We have set some pretty good ones this week and are commited to them, and it is going to take all of our heart, mind, mind, and strength to accomplish them! Also, my companion was sick all last week, and now I am a little sick (nothing crazy, just a cold) so we are trying not to let anything slow us down :)   Gianni and Lucia and Ivana and Lia are counting on us!! :)

Love you all, so great to hear about all the awesome stuff happening in the ward. You are all such awesome examples for me!! Have a great week!!

Sorella Patterson

 Pictures from last week's zone conference:



 



 


 


 





 





1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, Mom. She'll be fine. Just keep her out of those Italian hospitals.

    ReplyDelete