Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014 - First haircut in Rome!


Buon giorno da Roma!

This week has been awesome! We have this new investigator named Muhammad that I want to tell you a little about. He is from Africa and speaks mostly French, but can only really read Italian. In his lessons, we always try to have a translator, though when we can't, he responds to us in English. There is quite the language barrier with him, but after our very first lesson, he said to us "I can't understand everything you are saying to me but I believe it. I believe what you are saying about Jesus Christ." This week, he accepted a baptismal date of February 23rd! He is incredible!!! He is so prepared and so humble! We watched a movie about the Restoration and he said that when God and Jesus Christ talked to Joseph Smith he felt that it was true. He is so awesome.

ANDREA CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a struggle it has been with his work and busy life to get him into that building on Sunday morning!! :) But he made it, and on time!! He had some questions during the lesson in Sunday School, but the teacher did great with him and we got to talk to him after church for a while. He really did love it and wants to come back, he just doesn't know when he can. That's a huge struggle here: finding work is near impossible and when you do, you work when they tell you you can. It is so sad. Heart-breaking. Itlay is having a very hard time. But they are getting a temple! God does look out for everyone! We gain spiritual and temporal blessings from worshiping and making covenants in the temple, and now Heavenly Father is giving them access to more blessings. He REALLY loves the Italians, no joke. He has been preparing them for His gospel for a very long time. I am SO incredibly lucky to be one of His servants here right now to help with His precious children in Itlay. I think He really loves me too ;) 

Well I really love YOU all as well! I hope that you are constantly looking for ways to serve God (AKA serve others). I hope that you are sempre anxiously engaged in a good cause and that you seek to do good continually. These wise words are not coming from Sorella Patterson, that is for sure, but from our loving Father in Heaven! The more that I learn about Him, the more I love Him, and the more I love Him, the more I want to serve Him. Which is great, because that is literally all I do right now...  

Alright, guarda. La missione e la vita sono a volte tanto difficili. A volte, pensiamo che o non ce la facciamo, o non vale la pena. Magari pensiamo di essere da soli o che non possiamo cambiare perché siamo fatti così. Invece non è vero. Lo scopo della vita è di avere la gioia, e l'uomo naturale non è mai stato felice. Quindi, dev'essere un modo in cui ci possiamo cambiare la natura. E vi dico che veramente c'è. Si chiama l'espiazione di Cristo. Tramite quest'atto, noi possiamo cambiare la nostra proprio natura, il nostro comportamento, e qualsiasi cosa che non sia in armonia con gli attributi di Cristo. So che questo è vero. So pure che ci vuole il tempo; non succede in un giorno. Magari! Ma con la preghiera sincera, l'obbedienza, e la pazienza, mi sto cambiando la natura, anche se ci vorrà tutta la mia vita per farlo. Vabbè, non fa niente. Devo adesso soltanto enjoy the ride :)

Vi voglio un mondo di bene!!! Grazie per tutto ciò che fate per me e i miei simpatizzanti!

Translated by Microsoft Translator:  Alright, look. The mission and life are sometimes so difficult. Sometimes, we think or do not, or it’s not worth it. Maybe we think we are alone or that we cannot change because we are made so. Instead it is not true. The purpose of life is to have the joy, and the natural man has never been happy. Therefore, it has to be a way we can change the nature. And I tell you it really is there. It's called the atonement of Christ. Through this Act, we can change our own nature, our behavior, and anything that is not in harmony with Christ's attributes. I know that this is true. I know that it takes time; doesn't happen in a day. Maybe! But with sincere prayer, obedience, and patience, I am changing the nature, although it will take my whole life to do this. Oh well, does nothing. I only enjoy the ride now:)

I want a world of good! Thanks for everything you do for me and my supporters!

Sorella Patterson

First haircut in Rome!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment