Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014


Ciao Mama and everyone else too!! :)

Update on Muhammad: PLEASE pray for him. Life is really hard here for everyone, even Italians. But it is WAY harder for immigrants, especially Africans I think. But they also tend to be the most humble and most willing to talk to us. Ugh, it is just rough. But he is awesome. I have learned a little French for him. He is so great. And so ready. But the Lord's house is a house of order, and that's just how it is.

In other news, we found TWO new investigators this week!!! They are both so incredible and one of them lives literally across the hall from some really strong members who he is good friends with. They are just the best examples of humility and Christianity and I wish I could live next to them! Anyway, his name is Emmanuel, and we have only given him the Book of Mormon so far. But when he read the first verse, he became really serious and asked what he could do to have a copy. The next time we saw him, he said, 'I need you to help me read this book. I need to know what it is saying because I know that it is true!' Man, I just love Nigerians!! They are just so humble and so sincere. The Nigerians I have met on my mission have been some of the most incredible people EVER. I just love Italy!!!

Any letters that you want to send, send them to the mission office. It's the one at Piazza Carnaro. We go there pretty often, and if we don't they always bring the mail to Zone Conference so it is the only way to ensure that I will EVENTUALLY get things. Sorry that I never got the family Christmas cards. I hope that someone else at least got to enjoy them and Jared's handwriting ;) 

 
 
Well, I still haven't seen the Sistine Chapel. It will happen someday, but not today either. But someday. 

What else? Things are good here... We are getting transfer calls this Saturday which is just crazy. I can't believe how fast time is flying. I think that my companion might be training this next transfer, so that means I would be leaving. These are just guesses though, there is nothing to back them up. We always make our predictions the District Meeting before we get the calls, so tomorrow. Maybe I'll go down south now... who knows! Maybe Bitonto will finally open for sisters... chissà!

Okay, well I don't have anything else for ya this week. Have a great one, thank you all so very much for the emails and letters, they are so wonderful to get! I love you all with all of my ital-american heart!

Sorella Patterson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment