Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 17, 2014 - Headed to the islands!

ALOHA!!!

Why the island greeting?? This little Sister Missionary is going to the Islands!!!! of Sardegna to be exact. An island none the less. When President Waddoups called me to tell me about my transfer, he asked if I packed my swimsuit... Well, no, I didn't but hopefully I won't fall out of the boat and need it... Communque, I'm headed to Sardegna where instead of island princesses and leis there will be sheep and more sheep. Haha, I literally can't wait. Rome is amazing, but the sea is calling... Haha! Also, my trainer is out there and a sister that I lived with in Pescara: Sorella Knudsen... who will be my NEW COMP!!!!! Could a girl get any luckier?? Io vi dico: no.
Check out what's on the wall behind us!



Well, in other news, I will definitely be leaving this area better than when i found it. My comp and I have built up the work and gotten quite a few new investigators for her and her greenie (she will be training here when I leave!!!!!) to start teaching. I am pretty excited for her. It is going to be an awesome trasnfer for them! I will miss her a ton, and the members here. Especially Martina and Gamal, the coolest, most solid new converts the world has ever seen. We have all had 'visions' (I use that word very loosely...) of Gamal being a future bishop. He is SO solid. And they haven't even been members for a year. Crazy. 

Today, we had a picnic for Pday with Martina and Gamal and all the missionaries. It was awesome. I might be sunburned. :)
Coolest Nigerians ever. Doris (mom), Millicent and Divine

Painting - Oops!

Also, this week, Michele and Dario had us over to help them paint their house. The walls were white, and guess what color they chose to paint? White.    ..... Oh italians. Anyway, something happened and suddenly there was paint all over the place, and people. Luckily I found Dario's goggles from who knows how long ago... Haha, quite the time. 







More painting -- More oops!
Also, forgot to tell you. Last week we went to hard rock Rome!!! So cool. I took some pictures for the men in my family who appreciate the oldies. I'll send them... some day... It was really cool though!

So, Andrea left this week for Thailand. I won't get to see him again :( But we told him we might not be here when he got back... But it's okay, my leaving has been a great opportunity to get people to see us that usually can't. Funny how that works! 

Well, that is about all. We have to go buy groceries still and it's almost 5, so I love you all and hope you all have a great week! OH! We had a fireside about the Rome temple this week! When will it be done you ask? 2015. Maybe. Ah, Italians :) How I love them... But really, I do. I will return for the dedication, right mom? :) 
Vi voglio tantissimo bene!! Salutations from Roma for the last time!!! 

Sorella Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment