Monday, April 7, 2014

April 6, 2014 - Conference Sunday

Dear Mom:

ANDREA GOT BAPTIZED.

It was incredible.

Andrea at his baptism
Andrea is the only member in his fam. It is hard for him, but he is taking it all so well and with so much faith. He is just what this branch needs too, a fresh young soul with lots of love and energy. He got interviewed yesterday and will be receiving the Priesthood soon. He is already preparing for a mission. What a superstar :)

Conference was awesome!! Such inspired men, ya know? They just always know what I need to hear. It's like they read my mind and my journal and wrote their talks based on that. Seriously. They are so cool and they just GET us humans and what we need to be happy. I hope that I can put into practice some of the awesome stuff I learned this time!! I have not seen it all yet, and some was in Italian, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I understood. Progress has been made :)

Love your analogy about trimming things to help them grow. So true. President Waddoups told me that one time in an email when I made a comment about how much I have moved around and all the companions I have gone through. I think he said change is the spice of life or something. Haha, he is so awesome and so inspired. 
 
The Sardegna countryside,
as seen from a high speed train.
Okay, so I LOVED Uchtodorfs talk about being grateful. That is seriously one of the best ways to be happy! I testify to what he said, that we will really feel more joy and peace if we can be grateful in our situations. That is one of my goals this transfer, to be more grateful for my incredible blessings. I have been so blessed to be called here and to serve with an awesome companion (tons of awesome companions and sisters and elders) and to have the support of my whole family and to have met and helped so many of these precious Italians. God and I have a really special place in our heart for these Italians. They sure are awesome. They are talkers, but they are awesome ;)

If you missed any of conference, go to LDS.org and watch it! If you didn't catch any of it, go to LDS.org and watch it! I will be :) Thank you all for your incredible examples to me and for all of the love and encouragement you give me. I could not do this without you! "A mission is a family affair!"

Love,

Sorella Patterson



 




No comments:

Post a Comment