Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014 - Supreme Dream Team Reunited

I gave a talk in Sacrament this past week on sharing the gospel. It went okay I think. I think I would rather sing (with at least 2 others) in front of people then speak in front of them. It was better that it was in Italian though. I am SO much more confident when I speak italian than when I speak inglese. I don't know why. Maybe because I am called to serve and speak this language. Boh.
Supreme Dream Team together again!

So, yeah I am back with Sorella Haynie. It has already been some of the best days of my mission. I love her. She is so incredible. I am learning a ton AGAIN. Heavenly Father knows what I need.
 
I have been thinking a lot about unity lately, especially in terms of sharing the gospel. Obviously my thoughts are mostly about companions, but it goes for anything I bet. At first, everything is going good. You are happy together. The work is great. But then little things start coming  up, like normal. When those problems occur, our reactions are so important. We can see there are problems and think that it is just not supposed to be this way, or we aren't right together, or they or we did something wrong and needs to change. OR. We can realize that NO ONE is perfect, and thus we all will have problems, based on our natural fallen state as human beings. What we do with that realization is even more important. We can still decide we want something or someone new, OR we can put forth real effort to find all the good that Heavenly Father has put in that person, and then LOVE them for it. Satan will try EVERYthing and anything to stop this work from going forward and that in huge part means creating contention between all those responsible for carrying out its progression. We just can't let that happen and we can't accept any excuses for letting ourselves be a part of it. The greatest commandment is to love God, and then to love everyone else too, just as much as we love oursleves. Being the greatest, of course it is attacked so much!! Anyway, that's what I have been learning a lot about and trying to improve and put into practice.

Well, we are in Cagliari and it is so beautiful. I love it. I just love this whole Island!! And I love all of you. I hope you all have a great week!!


Sorella Patterson

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. How you are enjoying your mission!

    ReplyDelete