Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014 - Headed back to Rome!

Hello Friends and Family!! 

Me and Sara, the weirdest kids in town
Okay I know I have been horrible at writing AND sending pictures this transfer, but in my defense neither my companion nor I had a free memory card, nor wanted to buy one, nor did we really have time for anything. So it's been a good transfer, though somewhat pictureless. Succede. 

However, this transfer went by WAY too fast, and the end is bringing much change. I am leaving the perfect little island of Sardegna... and headed back to Rome!! Haha, I can't believe it! The last thing I expected, but what the Lord needs, so I am excited to go. I tried to get into Bitonto... but I guess the Lord and President Waddoups probably know that's not the place for me right now :)

Fratello Marras (Zio Angelo), me, and Pietro,
our investigator/best friend/dad
I will REALLY miss this place. Sassari has been one of the highlights of my life and mission and I can't even begin to explain what it is like to say goodbye to these islanders, knowing I probs won't be back for quite a while... (to-do list:start a return-to-Sardegna charity fund?) Vediamo. But I know that the Lord was able to use me to do some good here, and for that I will forever be grateful to Him. Also I am grateful because He let me come here and meet these incredible members of the church and incredible people and to be a teacher and a friend and a sister to them. He is so great. He is just incredible. I love Him!!

my branch mission leader and Andrea,
the newest Branch missionary!!! 

I also really just love all of you. You are all so special to me and I thank Heavenly Father quite often that I am blessed with friends and family like you. I couldn't possibly do all that He needs me to do without you. So thank you. 

MARIA CILLA CAME TO CHURCH... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think she is almost active again! I cannot believe it. I don't feel like we did anything, but somehow our words and the Spirit are working in her and she is coming to church and making plans to keep coming. That is just the best. 

The fab 4/ the four departing missionaries. 
The one next to me, Anziano Jones, goes home.
I can't believe it! He finished a great mission!
Well, remember how Angela moved to Olbia and I couldn't see her anymore/teach her anymore? One of the best women in the world/one of my favorite members is DRIVING ME OUT TO OLBIA to see her today to say goodbye!! I cannot believe it. These people are the most selfless, caring, and amazing people EVER. AND I GET TO SEE/TEACH ANGELA AGAIN!!!!!!!! 

Well, this said member (Sorella Mastino) is arriving shortly to pick us up, so I must be brief. But I think I said everything I wanted to...

I will include some fotos this week!! These are my best friends and family besides you all. :)

this woman has my heart.
Fulvia Anardu, the Relief Society President--
my best friend besides Sorella Mastino
Okay, I love you all and vi auguro a great week and lots of love and service opportunities! I can see all your smiling faces, especially yours, little Jared. Love you all SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Sorella Patterson





No comments:

Post a Comment