Monday, July 7, 2014

June 30, 2014 - Rome 5

Aloha Friends and Fam! just kidding, I am not on the island anymore. Do I miss it? I'll never tell.

Rome 5 is very different than any other city I have been in or seen. It is basically just a bunch of little towns outside of Rome that each have one or two members in the whole place, and they put them all together in a little branch of about 50 people. I love it. It is so beautiful and we get to take lots of trains and buses, which are great for talking to people becasue they can't walk away! Also, we have a car!!!!! Never saw that one coming. But there are several places where we just can't get to without a car, so we share it with the two Elders in our branch. This is my first time being in a 2-person home, and in a less than 6 or 8 missionary branch. It is just a really big change, haha. But really, nothing has changed, except me. I literally feel like I am starting my mission over, fresh, from the beginning. I just feel so good here, and so motivated! And so focused! I don't know what it is, but it is a bit like this at each transfer, a new beginning, taking with you only the good that you have learned from the previous transfers and cities. I know we did a lot of good in Sassari and I feel like I have brought all that with me to Rome 5 and we are just getting down to business. I just love it!!!

Exerpt from letter to Presidente:

We have one investigator who has a baptismal date for July 19th. His name is Alessandro and he is from Nigeria. Would you like to know something cool/an awesome miracle/proof that you are completely inspired with transfer calls? I was present at his first lesson ever with the missionaries, one year ago, when I did my first scambio with Sorella Wightman in Rome 5. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he became an investigator that night with his mom and brother. Then, he had to go away to school and they haven't been able to see him at all, but he got back last week and they met with him and he says he has been reading that Book of Mormon and wants to get baptized. And now I am going to teach him! How incredible!! I don't know if he will remember me, but I'll see him tonight. He has been at his college graduation so we haven't seen him yet. I am really excited for his baptism!

Well, we had a lot of time to do finding since I've been here, but I don't think we will keep having time. Already we are setting up appointments from area book finding and members inviting us over. I was asked Friday night to give a talk in church on Sunday, and I spoke right before the Elders Quorum President and Stake President. Intimidating? A little. But I did my best, and the members were at least able to see my love for them and the work. And two have asked us over, that Sorella Mathews says they have never visited. I know that the Lord blesses us for trying! Also, somehow He was able to take my weaknesses and use them for good, and now we can gain trust and get referalls! I am so excited! I have never felt so motivated or just wanted to go out and work! This is great, and Rome 5 needs some energy and drive! 

Okay, that is all for now. I hope that you are all sharing the Gospel in fun and creative ways, like smiling and complimenting and showing your love for everyone you meet! I just love you all so much!!! Have a great week!!


Sorella Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment